Yesterday, I had the chance to teach the second class in Advanced English I, and as I always say, there is something new that as a practitioner I learn every time I teach. I can say that yesterday’s class was better that the first one; yesterday I felt more confident, and I think my students noticed that since the very beginning of the class; it was evident because y could observe their willingness to participate; it also motivated me even more because I felt that what I was doing was relevant for them.
The first activity, which in my opinion was the best part of the class, was absolutely a success. I could see that students really enjoyed, more than playing, practicing the target structure that was been studied the previous day. After the class, I heard from one of the students that he had really enjoyed the way in which the class had started.
One of the activities I found kind of hard was the grammar explanation; it took me more than the time I thought I was going to be needed; however, after the explanation I felt really glad to see that my students were using the grammar structure appropriately in the oral exercise.
I have to accept that not all was as good as I thought was going to be; something that I have to be careful with is the time; I always have problems when timing activities, so this class was not the exception, I had considered to develop five activities, but I had to skip one of them because I realized that the time was not going to be enough. I know that the lesson plans are sometimes flexible, but I think time is a big challenge for me; the best part of this is that I have already noticed that problem, so what I will try next class is to do it better.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

Hello teacher Ovy!! It is nice to know that you are having a great experience with those students. You said that you did not develop all the activities you had planned. Most of the time, it happens because you are having fun. I know that it is so nice to see the way this group participates and it is hard for us to stop an activity when you know that they are enjoying it! In this case it is better to continue the activity.
ResponderEliminarHey Ovidio. I have always tought you have the skills to teach. As i have observed from you, I have noticed that you have the ability to convice your audience, and the facility to explain things to people.
ResponderEliminarNice Ovidio!!! At the beginning, I thought you would have problems with that group, but you have showed the opposite.
Continue doing the best of you my friend!!!!!!
I just want to congratulate because you are doing an excellent job in your practicum. I know you are such as good teacher. I do not have a doubt when you say that student really enjoyed the activities because I know you are very enthusiastic in your class. Also I agree with you when you say the grammar explanation is a hard part to explain, especially because of the time. I always took more than what I've planned because the students start to ask whenever they do not understand something, but as future teachers I consider is our responsibility to look for new innovative strategies to explain this part of the class.
ResponderEliminarAnd as you already mentioned, there is always something to learn and improve from every single class, we have a lot of things to improve from every class.
Ovi, I have observed that you are having a very nice experience with this new group. Some days ago i had the opportunity to be there in your class and let me tell you that i really learned many things about you. I learned a lot about your attitude. I knew you were kind of worried about the class, but you worked accurately and it was a very nice class. Students were paying attention all the time and you could deal with every single thing at the time you teach.
ResponderEliminaras Jessy says, you are doing an excellent job. I have noticed that in this class that you share with us you had some problems with the time. Don't worry about that because it is better if you have more activities that you didn't develop and not the contrary fact.
You have the capacity to work as a teacher. I know that you are having a new experience and a new challenge in front of you. So, go for it. Go ahead my friend.