lunes, 1 de noviembre de 2010

My third class in Advanced English I

Yesterday was the third teaching practice in Advanced English I, and as every Friday, I want to share with you some of the most remarkable things I experienced. Well, yesterday’s class was better than the others; I say that because I had the chance to be given a very positive feedback form my tutor; when I say “positive feedback” I mean that I could learn many things that I thought I was doing ok. I always say that the best way to really realize what we are doing not so well is by using a “mirror”. That mirror can be any people surrounding you, but when you have someone that really knows about didactic; you learn so many interesting things.

The first activity I did was a warm up called “pass your sentence”; It was really a success due to the fact that I could see that students not only enjoyed playing, but also practicing the structure already studied. Something I have to say is that the group is a key ping in the development of the class, so if they cooperate, everything goes well; thanks God, it is not a problem in this group.

I also brought speaking activities for students to practice the target structure; they were asked to give the weather report based on some material provided by the practitioner (me jajajjaja); it was really nice, and it was something that I really liked in this session. The last activity was nice, too. Students were asked to make a circle and select a partner to work with; they were asked to go to the center of the circle and pick a piece of paper containing the description of a situation. Student A read the paper, and student B gave pieces of advice; then the process was repeated for about 5 minutes.

There is something that I am still having problems with; I think that I have to be careful with the time because sometimes I don’t have enough for all the activities I plan to do.

2 comentarios:

  1. Having a great tutor always helps ;) and it's true that we always have something to learn. I would like to know more about your warm-up hehe it's not that I want to steal it vv,

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Ovy, I am glad to see that you are learning more and more in every class. Your tutor has been like a key part in this experience you had as you said because he has told you many important things about your work.

    I know the way you work and it is great. I like the activities you mentioned in this class. It sounds interesting and i also know that your students have been learning with you, too.
    Well done, my friend!!

    ResponderEliminar