I have just finished teaching the second lesson in this group, and as I said before I learn something new every class I teach. Unfortunately the second class was harder that the first one; last week the problem was that I didn’t know the group, so it was the first time I had to work with them; however the second class was kind of difficult for me.
Just to begin, let me tell you that I had to explain the grammar part, and as always it took me a lot of time; I used an innovative way to do it (I thought), but at the end it didn’t result as I wanted. I divided the class into 5 groups and I gave each group a different rule about the uses of comparatives and superlatives; the idea was to let students discover the rules, so after some minutes they had to share what they understood. It was the main idea, but later I could notice that it took me too much time, so at the end I couldn’t do all the activities I had planned.
There something else that I think was not so well; I begun explaining a grammar rule that, according to the lesson plan, was supposed to be explained at the end; I did that because I could see that the structure was very simple, but later I noticed that I was making a mistake because I skipped one important step, so students loosed the right sequence.
Not all was bad; there was something that really pleases me. At the end of my class I continued in the classroom, so I had the chance to observe the rest of the lesson, and I could notice that students were using the structures that I had explain in a very successful way; it was amazing because I felt that what I had taught was producing good results.
I also have to say that the group I am working with is really nice; they are very respectful, so it is comfortable to work with them; I think it allows me getting more confident at the moment of teaching.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

Ovidio,
ResponderEliminarThank you for being honest with your comments about your class. I know it is not always easy to say when you make a mistake. We all want our classes to great all the time,but now you know that it is not possible to have excellent classes all the time. It is good that you take this experience for your own growing as a professional and look for ways to improve every day.
I lke that you look for new ways to teach the gramar part, but we al know that even experienced teachers have problems with that part.