jueves, 16 de septiembre de 2010

Explainig grammar again

Well, this morning was my third class in intermediate English I; I am so happy because today’s class was better than the previous one. I don’t know my other classmates’ way of thinking, but in my personal opinion, even though sometimes the comments given by our tutor are kind of hard, I think these are the ones that make us grow in our leaning process. I have to be honest and say that at the moment of being given the feedback, I almost always get frustrated because I try to do everything right; however, there is always something that doesn’t go well. Thanks to some experiences that I have had through different trainings, now I am aware that the best way to notice what as teachers we are doing not so well is by using a mirror; that mirror can be our students, but the most effective one is another teacher because she/he knows a lot about didactic strategies that as a teacher in training we can follow.
These are some of the most remarkable moments in today’s class:
I began the class with the warm up provided by the lesson plan; it was a nice way to start because I could see that students really enjoyed talking about what they were supposes to buy at the store. Here happened something that really made feel ashamed; believe it or not I didn’t know the right pronunciation of the word “cucumber”, I have been using for all of these years the pronunciation I thought was the right one. The mistake was basically the stressed syllable, so I am sure I will never forget how it is pronounced.
The rest of the class went well even when I had to explain the grammar part again; I know I made mistakes in the explanation, but I am so glad to see that there were new ones; I didn’t commit the same that I made in the previous class.
Well, I am just waiting for next week’s class; I hope not to explain the grammar part again jajajajaj

3 comentarios:

  1. I agree, we tend to feel a little frustrated (A LOT!) when our tutors give us feedback. However, I feel lucky because my tutor teacher is really nice. Even the way to give you feedback is so nice that you don't feel frustrated, but happy to hear that even though you make some mistakes, you're doing a good job! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Ovy, i really liked the way you expressed your experience. It is really nice to see the comparisson you made with the mirror.

    It is nice to see how we have been learnig during this process. Don't worry about the mistakes you made because all of us do the same all the time. you are not the only one who has problems with this kinds of situations.

    I just want to add something you said about the tutors. I think that it is their work to let us know about what was good or wrong in our classes, but it is nice when they find the correct way to do it. Sometimes their comments don't help us at all. I guess they would be carefull at the time they say something about our classes because they must take into account that we are just learning like they are doing it. A teacher will never know everything that's why they must keep in mind that we are there because we have to, and because we want to learn not only about the students or the teaching experience itself, but also about our tutors and their work.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Ovidio,

    I am happy to see how you are growing as a teacher. it is good to know that the trainings are helping you understand the process. Remember that we are humans and we make mistakes; besides, we are nonnative speakers and there might be some words that we mispronounce. The important part here is to be honest with the students and accept our mistakes.

    ResponderEliminar